REGISTER May 4 – July 6 midnight U.S. Central Time
- Save $20 USD by registering before midnight U.S. Central time on June 29 !
- Late registrations are taken July 7–13 for a $20 fee.
Please review the Registration Change, Refund, and Cancellation Policy. Registration for Trimester 3 Opens August 17
Changes needed after registration is completed will incur a US $10 fee.
Updated COURSE LENGTH AND DURATION coming soon!
- Asynchronous: This course meets asynchronously so there are no scheduled meeting times. Work is done independently.
- 40 hours work over four weeks
- Access to streaming video is required for this course.
- Course begins July 18.
- Coursework needs to be completed by August 20 to receive credit or qualify as a completed prerequisite for leadership opportunities.
COURSE ALUMNI SUPPORT
- This course starts July 18. You must have completed Online Basics prior to beginning this course.
- Students planning on serving on ASLT/GSLT/GSLMT or as Prospective Interns are required to complete this course.
- Learn and practice using two forms of social media
- Create a short educational video
- Examine new ways of creating content for or in the online world
- Gain a bigger perspective on pros and cons of online communication
- Develop one’s own personal platform and presence online by creating an online portfolio
Week 1 - Social Media & Your Online Presence
- Understand your personal style and goals when communicating online
- Learn about types and purposes of social media
- Practice using social media in the ICC Classroom
Week 2 - Types of Content
- Examine types of online content such as text, images, sound, and video
- Discuss how we can create online content using apps, websites, and other technology
- Create a short educational video using step by step instructions
Week 3 - Choosing a Medium: Pitfalls of Online Communication
- Consider “message sent is not message received” and how to respond
- Discuss the usefulness of various platforms depending on your end goal
- Examine how the internet is changing the way people communicate and see themselves
Week 4 - Your Personal Platform
- Discuss what it means to be a witness for Christ online
- Design your own personal platform in the form of an e-portfolio
- Seek out feedback on the effectiveness of your communication online
Completion of both Online Basics and Online Intermediate is awarded the Online Communication Certification 1 (OCC 1).
Contact [email protected] if you have questions.